DePuy Hip Recall Information
DEPUY RECALL LETTER:
…DePuy is issuing a voluntary recall of all ASR products.
…Do not implant the ASR devices.
Do you have the Johnson & Johnson DePuy ASR XL Acetabular Hip Replacement System?
Are you uncertain as to what hip replacement system you have?
Have you had any problems with your hip replacement?
You’re not alone. Call your orthopedic surgeon today…then call us for free confidential advice.
In 2005, the Johnson & Johnson DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System entered the US marketplace. Here is some critical information you need to be aware of:
- This device has not gone through a rigorous pre-market approval process with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA)…
- Johnson & Johnson DePuy reports that the device has a failure rate of 13%, or 1 out of 8 patients…
- This hip replacement system may require a revision procedure…
- The Johnson & Johnson DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System sometimes creates metal debris that enters the blood stream and may cause failure of the hip replacement or other problems…
- You may have serious problems with the Johnson & Johnson DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System and not be experiencing any symptoms at all.
You have legal rights. Call your orthopedic surgeon today and then call us to learn about your legal rights and remedies.
DePuy ASR® is a registered trademark of DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., a subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson, and is used for informational and product identification purposes only.
- Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law –
Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Advocate –
National Board of Trial Advocacy